Tuesday 19 August 2008

I see it through my bathroom door

My bathroom door was locked this morning. I don’t know how did it happen or who did it, but it gave me such a big influence. I suddenly realized that a simple daily activity that we called “take a shower” is a big thing for me.

Let me tell you first about this bathroom. It is not too big, but it’s quite comfortable. It has two sides, the dry side and the wet side. The dry side is for the closet, and the wet one is for the shower. The shampoos and soaps are arranged neatly on a little glass shelf beside the shower, the dustbin is placed beside the clean ivory closet, and the colour of all the things in the bathroom are match each other. There, I can sing, I can dance, even write a blog. Finally I can tell you that it’s one of the inspiring places for me. I sometimes get my idea or decide something important as I have my private shower time.

Everyday, I usually start my day in the bathroom. As I take a shower in the morning, I think about my whole schedule for the day and arrange it carefully. And as I get home from my damn tiring activities, I usually use my bathroom not only for taking a shower, but also for having a private ‘me’ time after facing and meeting people all day long. So when its door is locked up, it somehow lock my head, my body, and my soul.
I CAN NOT ENTER MY BATHROOM TODAY.

I couldn’t resist how I miss the feeling of the falling water from the shower, the smell of the camomile soap, and the fresh of the anti-dandruff mint shampoo. I couldn’t stop thinking about my self naked, pure and wet, standing under the hanging shower. At 8 pm tonight, a key man came to my house just when I was about to leave for a meeting. He magically opened my bathroom’s door and my heart shouted: God bless the key man! I suddenly loved to ran directly to my bathroom, but the meeting was waiting for me.

Finally, I took a shower at 11 pm, just right after I had arrived home. This time, I enjoyed every moment with water, soap, and the sponge. I thank God that He has made water, and He has also made Anita Roddick, the inventor of Body shop with her harmless environmentally soap. I also thank God for giving us Mr. J.F Brondel who invented the idea of a modern bathroom.

Somehow this experience made me value things I had never counted before. I discovered the true meaning of “taking a bath” and how important is the shower activity for me. One thing for sure, how important is the water that God's given us freely, without charge. We should be thankful for this.
Hmph, this is stupid, but I can tell you that I can see it all through my bathroom door :)
Now tell me, what can you see through your door...

2 comments:

Pingkan Rumondor said...

Na..
u sure can see behind the lines..
atau apalah kata yang tepat, hehehee..
pokok nya bisa membuat sesuatu yang biasa menjadi istimewa..

Mmm, gue pernah merasakan bagian "air"nya..
we often take clean water for granted.. yes, we have unlimited access until now
but when the electricity is out..
mmm, say goodbye to pure water..

beneran ya na, kita harus menjaga bumi, hehehehe :D

keep the green message going na.. :)

Felicia said...

Ron, kok bisa nulis blog di kamar mandi? Gak basah itu laptopnya dibawa mandi?

Gue juga sering mikir-mikir atau dapet ide buat nulis pas lagi mandi. Tapi selese mandinya idenya ilang semua. Hehehe...

Ummm... Lo suka banget mandi yah? Gue gak seberapa. Sering gue pergi-pergi ke luar sebelom mandi. Hahaha... Jorok emang. Tapi gue rada gak suka sama aer. Jarang minum, takut renang, males mandi :p

Yes, God gives us water for free, but I got charged by the water company every month :p